Our Response to COVID-19
MLAC has implemented prevention measures in response to COVID-19 to safeguard the health and safety of clients, staff and our community.
- We ask that you do not to come if you are experiencing any cold/viral/flu symptoms, have been exposed to a known COVID-19 positive person, or have travelled overseas within the last 14 days. Anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days should be in self isolation at home/ hotel. We ask that you call us and reschedule your appointment, and more importantly seek immediate medical attention.
- We ask you if possible, to attend your appointment alone. Please do not bring family members or children to the clinic to accompany you to a visitunless necessary for language interpreting or consultation/treatment for a minor.
- Maintain social distancing in the clinic. Adhering to the signs in the clinic and leaving the appropriate seats vacant as indicated.
- Wear a mask at all times in the clinic. Your mask should be worn correctly and cover your nose and mouth.
- We ask you to sanitise your hands before entering. At the entrance of our practice you will find a hand sanitiser station. You will also find sanitiser at the reception and throughout the clinic.
Within our clinic you can rest assured that necessary hygiene measures are taken to reduce spread of infection
- Wear an appropriate mask and increase use of PPE Personal Protective Equipment when performing treatments as required
- Not shake hands with you or others
- Keep your time in the clinic to a minimum
- Wash or sanitise hands after every patient as per usual practice
- Sanitise equipment as per usual practice
- Wipe down the equipment with 70% or higher alcohol formulation and hospital grade disinfectant as per usual practice and use spray disinfectant after each patient
- We have increased the number of hand sanitisers in the
- Frequent and thorough cleaning of all high touch areas with
high grade viral disinfectant and sanitiser, including but not limited to; reception surfaces, door handles, eftpos machine and treatment areas.
In the Clinic
- There are signs displayed in the clinic for COVID-19
- All clients are asked to fill in an electronic COVID-19
screen questionnaire before coming into the clinic
- Providing Remote Consultations and Reviews using photos/phone call or FaceTime videocall to limit contact in the clinic. Book your Remote Consultation now
- Consent and consultation forms are now electronic to limit
contact in the clinic
- We have limited the number of clinicians and appointments within the clinic
- We limit the number of clients in the reception area and in clinic at any one time
- We have increased space between chairs in our waiting room to allow for appropriate social distancing
- We ask that you stand away from reception desk while discussing your visit or checking in
- Our Lasers and equipment is cleaned between all clients with hospital grade disinfectant or 70% alcohol or higher.
- We have removed magazines from the reception area
Help to Stop the spread
- Wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds,
- Use hand sanitiser when you don’t have access to hand washing
- Wear a mask when not at home
- Stay at home if you are unwell
- Avoid touching your eyes, face and mouth
- Sneeze into a tissue or your elbow and cover your mouth if you need to cough, dispose of the tissue and wash your hands again
- Maintain social distance even when greeting family or friends
- Observe the updated government information
- If you feel unwell, please call ahead to your GP and ask advice about testing for COVID 19 or ring the government COVID-19 triage hotline on 1800 020 080
We understand these are uncertain times, if you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us on 8686 5786.